Honorable Anthony P. Chargualaf
A proud Inalahan son, Anthony was born on October 22, 1967, the eldest of six children of the late Antonio Paulino Chargualaf & Ignacia Espinosa Chargualaf. Anthony is married to Angelica Blas Chargualaf (Jay), daughter of Margarita Leon Guerrero Hildebrand (Nena Marian) and +Angel Rios Blas. Anthony and Angelica are the proud parents of two daughters, Colleen and Caley Jay.
In his early years, Anthony attended Inarajan Elementary School, Inarajan Junior High School, Guam Community College and graduated from Inarajan High School in 1985. He furthered his education with several years at the University of Guam prior to joining the Guam Air National Guard from 1988 – 1991.
Anthony began his employment with the Guam Waterworks Authority in 1989 as a Wastewater Maintenance Worker and rose the ranks to becoming the Operations & Maintenance Manager of Operations and the Assistant General Manager before retiring in 2018. Throughout his thirty years of dedicated service at this utility agency, Anthony has gained many awards and certifications while servicing the island of Guam, including: Certified Public Manager, Arizona State University Bob Ramsey Executive Education 2014; Manager of the Year, Large Department/Agency – Merit Cup of Excellence Leader Award Top Ten Finalist & 2013 MagPro Governor’s Employee Recognition Award; 2012 Supervisor of the Year, MagPRO Governor’s Employee Recognition Award; 2012 GWA Quality Customer Service Award; Guam Environmental Protection Agency – Board of Certification, Water Distribution System Operator Level IV & Wastewater Collection Systems Operator Level IV; 2006 Water & Wastewater Leadership Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Anthony has committed himself to service in the community, including as:
- Member, Inarajan Jubilee Fiesta Committee, 2020
- Member, Gef Pago Historic Inalahan, 2020
- Chairman, Inarajan Fiesta Executive Committee, 2019
- President, Inarajan Elementary School PTO, 2019
- Board Member, Port Authority of Guam, 2019-2020
- Vice Chairman, St. Joseph Church Finance Council, 2018-2020
- Member, St. Joseph Church Logistics Committee, 2018-2020
- Member, St. Joseph Church Inarajan Fiesta Executive Committee, 2018
- Eucharistic Minister, St. Joseph Church, 2018 to Present
- Member, Stewardship Committee, St. Joseph Church, 2017- Present
- Member, St. Joseph Church Cemetery Council, 2018 to Present
- Basketball & Volleyball Parent Booster Club, Notre Dame High School,
- Member, St. Joseph Pastoral Council, 2007-2010
- Basketball Coach, Inarajan Middle School, 1998-2001/2009-2012/2018-2019
- Basketball Parent Booster Club, Notre Dame High School, 2013-2016
- Basketball Coach, Notre Dame High School, 2012-2013
- Basketball Coach, St. Francis Catholic School, 2004-2005
- Basketball Parent Booster Club, Academy of Our Lady of Guam, 2002-2005
In 2020, he was successful in his bid for Mayor, winning the election and is honored to serve the people of Inarajan in this new capacity.
Traditional Village Name: Inalahan Population: 2,273 Village Flower: Pulmeria, Frangipani or Kalachucha